Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's in the Box Wednesday?

Ever wonder how much water you use in the mornings?  Well, it's a lot.  We woke up to no water.  Apparently there's a sinkhole in front of one of my neighbor's driveway and a water line busted.  Yay.  Thank goodness I had some bottled water left over from soccer season.  So far, I've gone through around 5 bottles.  And that's just getting the lunches ready, washing the fruits and veggies, getting the animals and kids water, washing hands, etc.  I hope it's fixed soon, but from the looks of things outside, I'm not holding my breath.  The things we take for granted!  Today Addie's lunch, pictured above, has a hard-boiled egg in the shape of a bear face, edamame, kiwi berries, raspberries, pepper jack almond Nut-Thins, and chocolate covered pomegranate arils.  I used a mold for the egg, which you can find here at Amazon.  It's so easy to do and the girls think they are cute.  Just peel the egg while it's still hot, place it directly in the mold, and keep in the frig overnight.  The kiwi berries are something new for us.  Addie loves kiwi, and Mike found these at Sam's.  They taste just like kiwi, but they're bite-size and don't require any peeling.  I found the pomegranate arils in the bulk bin at ONF.  Addie says they are delicious!



Caroline's lunch has a bunny hard-boiled egg, shelled edamame, raspberries, Annie's organic cheddar bunnies, and a Bequet cinnamon swirl caramel also from the bulk bins at ONF. These are so good!  They are handmade in Montana and come in yummy flavors like butterscotch, celtic sea salt, chocolate, soft caramel, and several other flavors.  I even tried the Chipotle.  Well, have a great day!  I'm going to see how long it takes until I try to turn the faucet on again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment